Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
UsuallyPotatoes

Ideas for an old PC

6 posts in this topic

I have this old Acer Aspire One (D270 - 1998) running Windows 7, and I don't know what to do with it

I was going to turn it into an HTPC, but Kodi lags on it and I'd rather use that. I may do a server, I just don't know what kind.

Post ideas below

I think it's recommended to have a operating system like Windows XP or some OS that might Support that type of computer.

3 minutes ago, crazycomicsinc said:

I think it's recommended to have a operating system like Windows XP or some OS that might Support that type of computer.

Windows 7 supports it...

21 minutes ago, UsuallyPotatoes said:

Windows 7 supports it...

Then i would recommend starter for now since it's properly meant to be for older pcs however. since Windows 7 starter doesn't like you to change it's theme (in normal mode) from basic to classic and the desktop background. it may be difficult to change them both. but at the same time. i don't really care that much about it.

3 minutes ago, crazycomicsinc said:

Then i would recommend starter for now since it's properly meant to be for older pcs however. since Windows 7 starter doesn't like you to change it's theme (in normal mode) from basic to classic and the desktop background. it may be difficult to change them both. but at the same time. i don't really care that much about it.

It already has starter...

11 minutes ago, UsuallyPotatoes said:

It already has starter...

How did i ever forget that...