Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fasih

Feedback for windows 10 x64 lite

Question

Hello,

This is my first post regarding the updated lite edition of win x64 version.

The installation was fast and unattended , before I install any 32bit app, I extracted the 32 bit compatibility file to windows folder, however there are some minor adjustments required to make it more stable.

1. I used wireless Bluetooth headphones by Nokia, which I cannot make active in this windows. Probably the feature to connect a Bluetooth device has been removed. I checked the services.msc and one of the two required services cannot be started. "Bluetooth handsfree service" it shows error "specified module cannot be found" but the .sys file can bee seen in system32 folder. A fix must be required. Or could be Bluetooth driver missing ?

2. I use steam to play online games like csgo. The installation was OK then when I Start app it shows entirely blank popup login window with text missing and the fields inactive. No sure what is causing the apps to behave weirdly. Could be core fonts missing??

3. Also seen similar weird response in adobe cc 2017 suite apps. Where the text on the user interface elements is replaced by rectangular boxes, like it cannot load the required UI fonts into the app. 

I will update this post after few days to make this iso more stable.

Good work till now Bob Pony.

9 answers to this question

Posted (edited)

22 hours ago, fasih said:

Hello,

This is my first post regarding the updated lite edition of win x64 version.

The installation was fast and unattended , before I install any 32bit app, I extracted the 32 bit compatibility file to windows folder, however there are some minor adjustments required to make it more stable.

1. I used wireless Bluetooth headphones by Nokia, which I cannot make active in this windows. Probably the feature to connect a Bluetooth device has been removed. I checked the services.msc and one of the two required services cannot be started. "Bluetooth handsfree service" it shows error "specified module cannot be found" but the .sys file can bee seen in system32 folder. A fix must be required. Or could be Bluetooth driver missing ?

2. I use steam to play online games like csgo. The installation was OK then when I Start app it shows entirely blank popup login window with text missing and the fields inactive. No sure what is causing the apps to behave weirdly. Could be core fonts missing??

3. Also seen similar weird response in adobe cc 2017 suite apps. Where the text on the user interface elements is replaced by rectangular boxes, like it cannot load the required UI fonts into the app. 

I will update this post after few days to make this iso more stable.

Good work till now Bob Pony.

Hi !

Thanks for the issues you send here.

But the reason why the bluetooth service was removed is because most common users don't really appear to use the bluetooth hardware since they use it for mobile and other portable devices for it.

2. The Fonts have been stripped down since the hard drive (for system only) needed to be a bit more free since windows 10 had alot of fonts. However: You can try to re-install the fonts without having a copy of windows 10 inside of your dvd drives and such.

3. The Rectangular boxes appear because some fonts are removed from the system itself (See second answer).

P.S: Won't lock this since it seems more questionable.

Edited by crazycomicsinc
Added P.S Message. & Forgot Colors.

Hi,

thank for the reply,

Can you atleast help me getting back the "bluetooth handsfree service" I m sure if this service is active and running my bluetooth headphones will be auto-connected.

I have downloaded bluetooth driver files of my laptop's bluetooth device, I will try to install and check if that works, if NOT, than this windows will be SILENT for me :D
I cant hear anything lolz.

Here are the screenshots of apps I am having trouble with,  I am not sure this is caused by missing fonts, may be something else. Can u help?

illustrator-cc-2017-fix.png

steam-fix.png

Posted (edited)

18 hours ago, fasih said:

Hi,

thank for the reply,

Can you atleast help me getting back the "bluetooth handsfree service" I m sure if this service is active and running my bluetooth headphones will be auto-connected.

I have downloaded bluetooth driver files of my laptop's bluetooth device, I will try to install and check if that works, if NOT, than this windows will be SILENT for me :D
I cant hear anything lolz.

Here are the screenshots of apps I am having trouble with,  I am not sure this is caused by missing fonts, may be something else. Can u help?

illustrator-cc-2017-fix.png

steam-fix.png

Hi !

I don't think i am able to recover the bluetooth service since it's permanently removed.

However if a newer version of windows 10 extreme lite with the service is released. you may go ahead and re-install the copy from there.

2. The Core Fonts like i said are removed and need to be re-installed manually from the internet or via other windows 10 iso files.

3. If the windows audio services exist then enable them along with MMCSS. (Cannot be recovered if removed maybe)

Then the Audio may should work.

Edited by crazycomicsinc
Forgot a few more words.

Yes Windows Audio Service is active and running along with Bluetooth Support Service, its just "Bluetooth Handsfree service" that exist but cannot be started .

If somehow we figure out the files associated with this service and restore those at system32 folder, than it will work.

Please help me if you know the associated files with this service.

THanks

Bluetooth-service-error.png

55 minutes ago, fasih said:

Yes Windows Audio Service is active and running along with Bluetooth Support Service, its just "Bluetooth Handsfree service" that exist but cannot be started .

If somehow we figure out the files associated with this service and restore those at system32 folder, than it will work.

Please help me if you know the associated files with this service.

THanks

Bluetooth-service-error.png

Hi !

I think i may have found some information from a different website seen on blackviper.

However i am not able to find the assoicated files for it's service yet.

main.png

Posted (edited)

Hey thanks,

I solved the problem , I searched for my laptop's Bluetooth device drivers, hopefully found the ones that comes with windows 10, Installed the driver and

Bluetooth is active :)

The above service is not required to use bluetooth headphones,

In my services.msc only these two  services are running:

Windows Audio
Bluetooth Support service.

Edited by fasih

I have one major question, How Long We can use lite edition without applying activation patch?

So far I haven't seen any notice by windows or warning to get it activated.

Have you removed all the activation components? please confirm

11 hours ago, fasih said:

I have one major question, How Long We can use lite edition without applying activation patch?

So far I haven't seen any notice by windows or warning to get it activated.

Have you removed all the activation components? please confirm

Hi !

As in my Question it may be Permanent if it's already activated.

2. Please ask Bob for the activation services because i wasn't the one removing it.

P.S: Locking this now since there's no further answers for all of this.