Have a Lenovo 100s Chromebook and wanted to install Windows on it? Well, here's the full guide to get Windows on your Lenovo 100s Chromebook.
Here's what you'll need
- Mouse and Keyboard (You can use keyboard only if you can master it out a mouse)
- USB Flash Drive (At least 4GB)
- Windows 10 ISO (Download Media Creation Tool)
- Lenovo 100s Chromebook (Obviously)
- Have Developer Mode enabled (Watch Tutorial Video)
- Have firmware write protection disabled (How to dissemble)
Important Note: Audio doesn't work with the Lenovo 100s chromebook (As of Feb 2017). Purchase an USB audio card here: https://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-External-Adapter-Windows-AU-MMSA/dp/B00IRVQ0F8/ref=sr_1_5 and Windows 7 and any other x86 Windows will not work only x64 uefi versions!
- Make sure you have developer mode enabled
- Open crosh (Ctrl + Alt + T)
- Type "shell" (No quotes) then press Enter.
cd; curl -L -O https://mrchromebox.tech/firmware-util.sh && sudo bash firmware-util.sh
then press Enter.
Then choose install Full ROM then go through all steps (Recommended to backup firmware rom).
On another computer, create a Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 (x64) installer with Rufus as "GPT for UEFI"
Insert your Windows Installation on the flash drive.
Boot to it
Use Mouse and Keyboard to install
After the install enable test signing via CMD (as admin) type this
bcdedit -set testsigning on
Then restart Windows
Finally, now make sure do the Windows Updates to finish it off.