Important Note: This how-to article is made for the Dell Optiplex 755 and may not work on 745/760.
What you'll need:
- Windows 2000 disc (Service Pack 4 with all updates recommended)
- Dell Optiplex 755 (duh)
- Drivers (will be provided as attachment)
- USB Flash Drive (At least 1gb)
Got it? Let's begin!
- Go to the BIOS and make sure the SATA Operation is set to IDE.
- Boot into the Windows 2000 disc then normally install it.
- Make sure you downloaded the drivers attached to the attachment then put it on a USB Flash Drive.
- Plug in the USB Flash Drive into the computer then run each file.
- Hopefully now, everything should work as normal and you've did it!
Some additional steps...
- If you need wifi on Windows 2000, download it here then install it
- Install the wifi card driver using Windows XP Drivers.